Administration manipulates facts to push new gun laws
No assault weapon was used in the Sandy Hook shooting. The shooter, Adam Lanza, tried to purchase weapons and the laws we have in place stopped him. Lanza killed his mother to get a rifle but only handguns were used, not “assault weapons.” Lanza had an assault weapon, but it was left in the car and never used. The Obama administration has shown a lack of responsibility in basing policy on a personal agenda and not on facts. To help pass new gun laws, the administration manipulates the facts about a tragedy. And these are the people we trust to fix other government issues? God help us!
NewsOK Related Articles
Michael Shults, Oklahoma
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed