Affiliation options are plenty for Oklahoma City RedHawks
Bricktown Ballpark will be attractive for teams looking for partnership
NewsOK Related Articles
Baseball America had Houston last in its organizational rankings before the season.
The Arizona Diamondbacks also were ranked low in Baseball America's list (No. 28) but could be a possibility for Oklahoma City if they decided to leave Reno.
Arizona's affiliate had been in Tucson for the first 11 seasons of the big league team's existence, but the Tucson franchise moved to Reno last year in the final year of the club's player development contract. So the Diamondbacks figure to at least be open to the possibility of change.
Toronto long had a similar cozy relationship with its Triple-A affiliate in Syracuse. But the Jays were left scrambling when Syracuse decided to go with the Washington Nationals two years ago because of Toronto's history of struggling teams at the Triple-A level.
The Blue Jays wound up going with Las Vegas, by far the longest distance separating a major league club with its top affiliate.
The first day a PDC can be signed with a team is Sept. 16, and deals must be made in two- or four-year increments.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers