AFL-CIO boss Trumka praises Newt in email
AFL-CIO boss Richard Trumka, a union leader who has in the past excused violence against non-union workers, sent this email to supporters today, against endorsing Newt Gingrich's attacks on Mitt Romney's career at Bain Capital:
“You have to ask the question: Is capitalism really about the ability of a handful of rich people to manipulate the lives of thousands of people and walk off with the money, or is that in fact a little bit of a flawed system?”
The rest of the email turns against Gingrich, and focuses especially on Indiana's efforts to pass right-to-work laws. But it's just one more clear sign that Gingrich has erred badly by attacking free market principles instead of just attacking his opponent like he's supposed to.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 89274Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14075Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8763Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7637Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7585Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7472How to help tornado victims
- 6832OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents