After making history, Oklahoma Republicans should focus on long term
The first Republican governor to make political history was Henry Bellmon, elected in 1962. This was six years before Oklahomans began rejecting the Democratic presidential nominee in every election. Bellmon was the cheese that stood alone, governing with an overwhelmingly Democratic Legislature and a host of statewide officials with a Ă˘â‚¬Ĺ“DĂ˘â‚¬Âť next to their names.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 17743Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11674Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10443Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10260OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10191Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9850Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9805Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments