Agencies plan next move with dock on Wash. coast
There are some Japanese marking on the dock, but they are not conclusive, so more photos have been sent to Japanese officials.
A scientist who examined the dock says it looks just like the one that came ashore on a central Oregon beach last summer, suggesting it, too, is tsunami debris.
John Chapman, an assistant professor of fisheries at Oregon State University's Hatfield Marine Science Center, said recently that the Washington dock has the same dimensions and configuration as the one found near Newport, Ore. The Oregon dock broke loose from a Japanese fishing port in 2011.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law