Aging Oklahoma veterans can use your help
On Memorial Day we honor the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice protecting our nation. First observed in the years following the Civil War as “Decoration Day,” soldiers placed flowers on the graves of their fallen comrades. Today, we spend this day of remembrance with patriotic parades, memorial services and family get-togethers. We stand with the more than 324,000 veterans in Oklahoma as they honor fellow servicemen and women and reflect on their own service to the country.
According to the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization, one in four dying Americans is a veteran. No matter how much time has passed, veterans carry the experiences of their military...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101343Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13633Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10711Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9528OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8426Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7731How to help tornado victims
- 7199Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area