Air France strike at vacation start seems limited
PARIS (AP) — A strike by some Air France employees at the start of a nationwide two-week school vacation is delaying flights but the company has said the effect will be limited.
Some flights from Paris Friday morning were slightly delayed. One flight to Bordeaux was canceled, but it was unclear why. Air France did not immediately respond to a request to detail how many flights were affected.
CEO Alexandre de Juniac told French radio that 1 percent of the national carrier's 70,000 personnel decided to strike to protest a turnaround plan to cut 10 percent of the company's workforce.
The union says more people may join, and the strike will last through the weekend.
Although few are striking, the effect could be magnified as many French families head off for vacation.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in