Ajax beats RKC 2-0 to go 2nd in Eredivisie
AMSTERDAM (AP) — Ajax beat RKC Waalwijk 2-0 Sunday to take lone possession of second place in the Eredivise as Feyenoord stumbled to a 3-2 loss at PEC Zwolle.
Niklas Moisander and Christian Eriksen scored first-half goals and goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer saved a penalty from Robert Braber as Ajax easily held off RKC.
Earlier, Graziano Pelle scored three times — including an own goal — with Feyenoord going 2-0 down inside the first 10 minutes. Pelle scored into his own net in just the second minute before bringing the scores level with a brace in the 33rd and 34th minute.
Feyenoord squandered several good chances before Swedish striker Denni Avdic scored Zwolle's winner in the 75th minute. The defeat left Feyenoord in third place.
PSV Eindhoven beat Utrecht 2-1 to stay top of the Eredivisie.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 46110Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14982Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9556Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8109Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7765Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7102Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7082Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena