Alan Pardew banned, fined for push on official
LONDON (AP) — The English Football Association says Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has been banned from the touchline for two matches and fined for pushing a match official.
Pardew was sent to the stands during Newcastle's Premier League opener against Tottenham last month for shoving assistant referee Stuart Burt following a disputed throw-in.
The FA also fined Pardew 20,000 pounds ($31,800) after he accepted the charge of improper conduct.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 30214Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19534Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7073OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6093Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5026OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4433Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3498Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater