Alden to talk SEC at Mizzou booster event
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) — University of Missouri fans awaiting the school's July 1 move to the Southeastern Conference can whet their appetite for all things SEC Wednesday night at the school's new gymnastics center.
Athletic director Mike Alden is scheduled to speak to the Tiger Quarterback Club, a football booster group, at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the gymnastics facility and dance studio. The event is free and open to the public and includes tours of the new building.
Alden recently returned from the SEC spring meetings in Destin, Fla., where Missouri and fellow Big 12 mover Texas A&M were welcomed by the likes of Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee.
The conference also hosted a welcome party for its two new members earlier this month in Atlanta.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 87014Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81959Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34908Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 32757Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 16053Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13176Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 10447Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive