Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
As the anchor of the Guthrie secondary, King hit people hard often during the 2008 season to become a member of The Oklahoman's All-State Team. King led the team in tackles with 112 and had three interceptions. “He just always knew where to find the ball,” Bluejays coach Rafe Watkins said. “He understood the concepts and what we were trying to do, a great kid who helped out wherever he could.” King was a force on special teams. He averaged nearly 40 yards per punt in 21 tries while also returning two punts for touchdowns. “I think people underestimated his talent his whole career,” Foster said. “They look at him and think he can only hit people. He's got a lot more talent than that.” Offensively, King rushed for 261 yards and seven touchdowns. King said he hasn't committed and is keeping his options open.
All-State 2008: Josh King (Defensive Back)
GUTHRIE — When asked what made Guthrie senior Josh King so special, teammate Donte' Foster didn't hesitate with his answer.“He hits you. He hits you hard. He makes you think about the next time you want to go out and catch it,” Foster said.
Videoview all videos
Dec 27Watch highlights of Guthrie defensive back Josh King...
Dec 26Guthrie - Defensive Back
Photoview all photos
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14121OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13945Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8893Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6932Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5880Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5330Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5280Student shot dead during botched home invasion