Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
And both earned Oklahoman All-State honors. Taylor, on the team as an offensive lineman, experienced his most memorable moment in the Hornets’ 35-15 win over Tulsa Kelly on Sept. 26. Taylor was blocking for Doctor on a run that ended with three pancake blocks for Taylor and a touchdown for Doctor. “Just my footwork and my ability to get to the second level,” Taylor said when asked what makes him so good. “And sometimes I’ve got a little mean streak in me when I get into games.” Hornets coach Antwain Jimmerson said Taylor was one of the hardest working players on his team. But Taylor gives credit to Jimmerson and the coaching staff for making him that way. “That came from being at Booker T. and the way coach Jimmerson coaches us in the weight room,” Taylor said. Taylor started a pair of games as a sophomore and quickly showed that he belonged. By last year, he was a full-time starter. Taylor is committed to Kansas State and is already back in the weight room getting ready to make the transition to college football.
All-State 2008: Keenan Taylor (Offensive Line)
It comes as no surprise that Keenan Taylor’s most memorable moment involves blocking for Michael Doctor.Taylor and Doctor are two of the big reasons why Tulsa Washington celebrated its first football state championship since 1984 this season.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister