Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
All-State 2008: Michael Bowie (Offensive Line)
SAND SPRINGS — Michael Bowie finally feels comfortable with his college decision.Bowie, a 6-foot-5, 300 pound offensive tackle from Sand Springs, originally committed to Ron Prince and Kansas State. But after Prince was fired, he re-committed to Texas Tech. And finally, after a December visit to Oklahoma State, he committed to OSU. “The first reason I changed my mind was because of the coaching change at Kansas State,” Bowie said. “Then, when I took that trip down to O-State, I just felt better when I was there.” Bowie, who was named to the 2008 Oklahoman All-State team on the offensive line, said Oklahoma State is a better fit for him than Tech would have been. “I just like the whole place,” Bowie said. “It wasn't one thing in particular that impressed me. It was everything. I just felt like it was a better place for me than Texas Tech. It's a little closer to home.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims