All-State football: Time at Hobart led Brad Calip into coaching
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Even as he was playing in the Arena Football League in places like Pittsburgh, Tampa and Cincinnati, Calip was coaching the running backs at Ada High School.
After one year of serving as the head coach at Tulsa Kelley, Calip moved up to the college ranks, coaching running backs at the University of Tulsa.
Two years later, Calip moved back to high school at Tulsa Union.
Since 2009, he's been at Jenks for his second stint with the Trojans.
Jenks won the Class 6A state title earlier this month.
Brad's son, Braden, was a senior on that team.
Bryant is on the staff as well, coaching the cornerbacks for the Trojans.
“To be on the same staff with my brother now and to win it with my son playing was awesome,” Brad said. “I won it my senior year, and to have him finish his high school career the same way was unbelievable.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit