All-State notebook: Taylor Moore, Talor Gooch qualify for U.S. Amateur
Edmond Memorial golfer Taylor Moore chose to pull out of the All-State tournament on Monday, but he made the decision pay off.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Moore qualified for the U.S. Amateur on Monday, winning a three-man playoff for the third and final qualifying spot at Cedar Ridge Country Club in Broken Arrow.
He joined former Tulsa University player Stephen Carney and Oklahoma State's Talor Gooch, a former Carl Albert star, as qualifiers for the event, which will be held Aug. 13-19 at Cherry Hills Country Club outside Denver.
Carney, a Tulsa Union graduate, was the medalist with a 137 total (69-68), and Gooch was second at 140 (72-68). Moore, who will be a freshman at Arkansas next month, shot 141 (71-70) to tie for third. He had back-to-back pars to win the two-hole playoff over Danny Funk and Jeff Coffman.
OU, OSU COACHES MAKE APPEARANCE
Assistant football coaches from Oklahoma and Oklahoma State made their way through the Oklahoma Coaches Association coaches' clinic Tuesday afternoon.
Two Oklahoma State coaches were scheduled as speakers — offensive line coach Joe Wickline and safeties coach Van Malone.
Among the other Cowboy coaches in attendance was defensive coordinator Bill Young.
A large contingent of OU coaches also came through Tuesday morning, including defensive coordinator Mike Stoops, co-offensive coordinators Josh Heupel and Jay Norvell and defensive line coach Jackie Shipp.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena