Alleged Oklahoma gunman offered money by relatives to kill man, court records show

COWETA -- A person charged in connection with the February slaying of Coweta-area man told investigators he was offered $6,000 by the victim’s wife and daughter to carry out the killing, court records show.
By Rhett Morgan - Tulsa World Modified: March 16, 2011 at 11:49 am •  Published: March 16, 2011
Advertisement
;
COWETA -- A person charged in connection with the February slaying of Coweta-area man told investigators he was offered $6,000 by the victim’s wife and daughter to carry out the killing, court records show.

Today, the wife, Patricia Burney, 51, became the third person to be charged with first-degree murder in the death of Arthur Burney, documents show. The body of Arthur Burney, 53, was found Feb. 18 in a barn about 50 yards from his house near Coweta.

The Burneys’ daughter, Michelle Burney, 14, and Michael N. Richardson, 18, of Oklahoma City, were charged last week with first-degree murder in connection with the death.

Read the complete article at tulsaworld.com.


NewsOK.com has disabled the comments for this article.
Advertisement


Trending Now



AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Chelsea Clinton Is Pregnant
  2. 2
    Tulsa World: Missouri’s Frank Haith positioned to become TU’s basketball coach
  3. 3
    Oklahoma football: Peyton Manning stops by Sooners film session
  4. 4
    VIDEO: A look at the Air Jordan XX9
  5. 5
    Bovada: Thunder has third-best odds to win NBA title
+ show more