Allora Herrin named Miss University of Central Oklahoma
A Blanchard native, Allora Herrin, was crowned Miss University of Central Oklahoma. The UCO senior will advance to the Miss Oklahoma pageant.
EDMOND — University of Central Oklahoma senior Allora Herrin, a native of Blanchard, has been crowned Miss University of Central Oklahoma 2013.
She will advance to the Miss Oklahoma pageant.
Herrin competed in smaller pageants when she was young, but this was her first qualifying pageant for Miss Oklahoma.
“Before the pageant, I thought I was going to be a nervous wreck, but I actually was very excited. I think my nerves were settled because all the girls competing were so kind and we had a blast together,” she said.
In addition to the trophy, crown and title, Herrin received a $1,800 tuition waiver scholarship. She received an additional $500 wardrobe allowance and a $700 Children's Miracle Network scholarship.
First runner-up named during the pageant on Saturday was Autumn Circle, a sophomore from Blackwell. Second runner-up was Ashleigh Hamil, a Sand Springs sophomore.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims