Altidore eager for 50th international game
For Jozy Altidore, getting called back to the U.S. national team is a dual homecoming.
The American forward who plays for the Dutch club AZ Alkmaar was among the 24 players summoned to Miami to train for looming 2014 World Cup qualifiers against Jamaica, a home-and-home series that starts on Friday.
Then there's the added bonus of being back in his native South Florida. Altidore grew up in Boca Raton, about an hour north of the team's training site this week, and says "it's times like this that you really look forward to."
Altidore's next international appearance would be his 50th with the U.S. national team.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say