Altus police arrest man in February homicide
Manuel Daniel Jr., 44, is accused of killing Melissa Bost, 49, who was found stabbed to death in an Altus alley in late February.
ALTUS — Police said they cracked the mysterious case of an Altus woman found stabbed to death in a parked vehicle in
A warrant was issued Thursday in Jackson County District Court for the arrest of Manuel Daniel Jr., 44, of Altus, who is accused of killing Melissa Bost, 49.
Bost died from sharp force trauma to her head and neck, according to the state medical examiner's office.
Her body was found Feb. 27 in a red Dodge Nitro parked in an alley in Altus.
The warrant was served Friday on Daniel in Jackson County jail, where he was booked two days after Bost's death on unrelated charges.
Altus Police Chief Tim Murphy said investigators searched Daniel's home at 907 S Baucum in March and found evidence that linked him to the crime.
A formal charge of first-degree murder was filed after the results of a forensic lab test came in last week, Murphy said.
Murphy would not say Saturday what evidence linked Daniel to the crime, but that the test results indicated Bost was killed at Daniel's home.
Murphy said police have not recovered the murder weapon.
Court records indicate Daniel pleaded guilty to a felony count of possession of controlled dangerous substance in 2006.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena