Amber Alert ends with children unhurt, fugitive in custody
Robert Dale Almon, 32, and his 3-year-old daughter Chasity were taken into custody at a Norman apartment complex near State Highway 9 and McGee Drive about 7:45 p.m., Pottawatomie County Sheriff Mike Booth said.
Just over a day after an Amber Alert was issued, a fugitive was arrested and his daughter taken into custody Wednesday evening, authorities said.
We'd been to this location already but something made us suspicious and caused us to go back and take a second look.”
Robert Dale Almon, 32, and his 3-year-old daughter Chasity were taken into custody about 7:45 p.m. at a Norman apartment complex, Pottawatomie County Sheriff Mike Booth said.
Michelle Wilson, Almon's girlfriend, was also arrested on a complaint of harboring a fugitive, Booth said. It was her apartment where Almon and Chasity were located, he said. The complex is near 24th Avenue SW and Lindsey Street.
Chasity was not hurt and Robert Almon was napping when officers entered the apartment, he said.
“We hit him hard and fast and he didn't even know what was happening,” Booth said.
An Amber Alert was issued for Chasity and a second child, 10-year-old Aaron Brodine Jr., about 6 p.m. Tuesday.
Pottawatatomie County sheriff's deputies were attempting to serve a felony warrant for assault with a dangerous weapon about noon Tuesday at 10 Austin Drive near Bethel Acres. When Almon saw the deputies, he fled with the children inside the pickup.
Almon led deputies on a chase through a field and down dirt roads that reached speeds up to 77 mph. When deputies learned there were children in the pickup, they ended the pursuit.
They were not been able to locate or make contact with Almon, deputy Kenneth VanDuser said, but the second child, Aaron, was dropped off by Almon at a residence near the Pottawatomie and Cleveland County line about 7 p.m. Tuesday and fled the area, evading capture for another 24 hours.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21736Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17602Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12531Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9970Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9708Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9584Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7184Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense