American DaMarcus Beasley scores twice for Puebla
American midfielder DaMarcus Beasley scored his first two goals of the season, leading Puebla to a 3-1 win at San Luis in the Mexican Clausura.
The 30-year-old, a veteran of three World Cups, entered in the 57th minute Saturday night and scored the tiebreaking goal in the 82nd when he chested Isaac Romo's cross and scored on a right-footed shot from the edge of the 6-yard box.
Beasley got his second goal in the 88th when he ran onto a pass from Felix Borja in the penalty area and beat goalkeeper Oscar Perez with a right-footed shot from 15 yards.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11312Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5665Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5178Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4351Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4349OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4135How to help tornado victims