American Fidelity buys more property near Britton and Broadway in Oklahoma City
American Fidelity's 9000 Broadway LLC bought a building and six acres in Oklahoma City from The Springhill Group for $1.4 million. Tyler Media leases the space for FM stations KRXO, KMGL, KOMA, KJKE and KOKC-AM.
American Fidelity Corp. has expanded its new footprint at Britton Road and Broadway Extension by buying property long occupied by some of Oklahoma City's oldest radio stations.
The company's 9000 Broadway LLC bought a 16,000-square-foot, single-story building and 6 acres from The Springhill Group for $1.4 million. Tyler Media leases the space for FM stations KRXO, KMGL, KOMA and KJKE and for KOKC-AM.
The broadcasting center is at 400 E Britton Road, adjacent to properties that American Fidelity acquired last fall at 301 E Britton and 9000 Broadway Extension. The insurer bought some 150 acres, an office tower and industrial plant from The Oklahoma Publishing Company, publisher of The Oklahoman.
The insurance company has no immediate plans for the new acquisition as it proceeds with changes to the two former OPUBCO properties, said Melody Wortmann, assistant vice president at American Fidelity Assurance Co.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims