Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4779Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4600Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4155Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
American Idol episode showcases Oklahoma City auditions
By Heather Warlick
| Published: February 1, 2013
“You are a whole party all by yourself,” Jackson said.
“Obama if you watching this and you don't invite me to the White House,” Zoanette said. Mmmmkay, she's pretty full of her talent. The judges are like, “What?”
And yet, she got the coveted gold pass to Hollywood Week. That was unexpected. This doesn't bode well.
Tears on the river
Next, a bunch of people were let through to Hollywood and got very emotional, crying in sheer happiness and utter despair.
Contestant 78693, Anastacia, of Ardmore, was “So happy to be here,” she could hardly keep herself together. Then she fell. Trend story?
So she took off her shoes and all seemed well.
“I am the next ‘American Idol,” she said, “I was born for this. Let me know whenever ya'lls ready.”
She proceeded to butcher Toni Braxton's “Unbreak my Heart.” Unless there's another Zoanette-style surprise, she's not making it through.
She won't be listening to Mariah Carey anymore, by the way, and she heard Nicki Minaj worships the devil. Great impression “American Idol” is giving of Oklahoma to the rest of the world, here.
Hold on to your heartstrings
Kayden Stephenson, 16, of Tulsa was next. He is a darling blonde young man.
“By looking at me, people would never think I have something wrong with me,” Stephenson said.
He has cystic fibrosis which makes him look very young.
“My life expectancy is 35 years old,” he said.
He sang a sweet version of “I Wish” by Stevie Wonder.
“I think girls will fall on the floor when you walk in the room,” Carey said.
Stephenson got a resounding “yes” from the judges.
44 more folks from the Oklahoma round of auditions made it through to Hollywood week.
One last auditioner… and she's a cross-dresser who looks suspiciously like Steven Tyler.
Former “American Idol” judge Steven Tyler was the final auditioner at “American Idol” Oklahoma City auditions. He did not make it to Hollywood Week.
See more from the show at blog.newsok.com/gossip.
Share this on Facebook
Videoview all videos
Jul 20Thousands of people showed up to audition to become the...
Jul 18Thousands line up to register for the upcoming "American...