An Affair of the Heart is this weekend at State Fair Park in Oklahoma City
An Affair of the Heart's three-day spring event continues through Sunday at State Fair Park in Oklahoma City. An estimated 60,000 to 70,000 people are expected to attend.
An Affair of the Heart has grown from its beginning as a small craft show with 65 booths to the three-day spectacle that now attracts 60,000 to 70,000 people.
of the Heart
The 28th annual spring show kicked off Friday and continues through Sunday in seven buildings at State Fair Park. Exhibitors from across the country are showcasing home decor, clothing, accessories, food items and more.
Wear comfortable shoes, shoppers say, since there's a lot of walking to be done. Come hungry, others add, because food vendors are serving up roasted almonds, Fritos chili pie, corn dogs, cinnamon rolls and other treats. The die-hard shoppers bring their own carts, and many carts already were overflowing just hours after the show began.
“They call it the Super Bowl for women,” said Steve Harris, one of the show's organizers. Women arrive in huge groups. Some travel from out of town, stay in a hotel and visit all three days.
Linda Turner and her daughter, Amanda Green, were thankful they arrived when it opened at 9 a.m. Friday — before parking became limited. The pair, who shop the event every year, were hunting for women's and little boy's clothes.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M