An Affair of the Heart is this weekend at State Fair Park in Oklahoma City
An Affair of the Heart's three-day spring event continues through Sunday at State Fair Park in Oklahoma City. An estimated 60,000 to 70,000 people are expected to attend.
of the Heart
It's about more than shopping, attendees say. It's a social event with girlfriends, sisters, mothers and daughters.
“We just go to come out and get away from work, kids and husbands,” said Nicole Johnson, of Prosper, Texas. She timed a visit to her mother, Diane Johndrow, of Edmond, to coincide with the show.
An Affair of the Heart was first held in February 1985, organized by eight local women wanting a place to sell their crafts.
That show was held in State Fair Park's Hobbies, Arts and Crafts Building. Now it is one of seven buildings used.
Sixty-five exhibitors participated in 1985; today, there's upward of 700.
Admission was $3 the first year, and the event was one day. Now, it is a weekend-long event held four times a year: in Oklahoma City in February and October, and in Tulsa in July and November.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments