An email from the CEO
Chesapeake Energy Corp. CEO Aubrey McClendon informed employees of his pending retirement in an email Tuesday:
Dear CHK'ers: By now you all should have received the press release announcing that the Board and I have mutually agreed to my resignation as CEO as of April 1, 2013. Although this is due to certain philosophical differences that exist between the Board and me, the separation will be amicable and smooth.
Videoview all videos
Jan 29Chesapeake Energy Corp. co-founder Aubrey K. McClendon is...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
I have the utmost confidence in you and the company's future and I will always treasure the time we have spent together building Chesapeake into the unique and dynamic company that it is today. In many respects, our accomplishments are unique and I will always remain immensely grateful for the time I have spent with you building CHK into the industry leader that it is today.
My best wishes to you all and onward and upward from here!
Business Photo Galleriesview all
Expanded Chesapeake coverage
Chesapeake coverage on NewsOK:
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister