An 'embarrassed' Purdue gets ready for Badgers
Hope said he wouldn't restrict Marve's playing time.
"I think as long as his knee holds up he can play as much as he can, as long as he can stand up," he said.
Hope said he understands why fans want to see the exciting Marve instead of TerBush, who is considered more of a game manager.
"Well I understand people, OK," he said. "But that helps me understand why they would want Robert Marve out there. Obviously he has a fantastic arm and has some big play potential, and those are the things that stick out in your mind as a natural response."
Regardless of the quarterback, a performance like last week's will leave the Boilermakers with an 0-2 Big Ten record heading into a matchup with Ohio State
"We have to play better, that's for sure," Hope said. "We have to play better as a football team and we're capable of doing so, but we're excited about the opportunity this weekend and that's where our focus is at."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort