An Oklahoma City man was arrested after 10-year-old girl reports she woke up to find him touching her
A girl reported she woke to find a family friend of her baby sitter with his hand down her shorts. He was arrested on a complaint of rape by instrumentation.
An Oklahoma City man was being held at the Oklahoma County jail Tuesday on a complaint of rape by instrumentation after a 10-year-old girl said she woke to find the man with his hand down her pants.
Terrell Lamont Smith, 41, was arrested Sunday. Police were called by a woman who often baby-sits the girl. She said the girl slept at her home the night before, but Sunday morning she didn't want to come over anymore and wanted to call her mother.
The woman asked the girl if anything had happened. She said she had awakened the previous night and Smith, who was staying at the woman's house, had his hand inside the front of her shorts.
When the girl's mother arrived, she and Smith shouted at each other briefly, then he left the house driving the homeowner's car. A patrol officer spotted the car a short time later and arrested Smith.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81018Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30448Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 30137Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 25654Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8097Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7386Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7344Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday