An Oklahoma City woman is fighting for a better life through education
Tina Roberts wants her kids to chase their dreams through education. She wants to go to college some day. But that life is on hold until she erases the tag: functionally illiterate.
It's homework time at the Roberts household and sheets of paper from a pink binder are scattered across the kitchen table. Tina Roberts, a mother of four, sits with her oldest daughter, Chasidy, to go over spelling and math problems.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
But the work isn't for Chasidy. It's for Mom.
They chuckle together as Chasidy goes over Mom's answers: “Momma, uh-uh, that's wrong. You gotta do this right. This isn't right.”...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22254Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17756Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12801Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10958Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10241Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9718Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8905OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures