Annual CROP Walk to Stop Hunger is Sunday in Norman
The annual Cleveland County CROP Walk to Stop Hunger is set for Sunday in Norman.
Other ways to help
Those who are unable to physically join in the walk but want to contribute and participate are invited to join the festivities.
Twenty-five percent of CROP Walk proceeds will be donated to Norman's Food & Shelter Inc., which provides emergency housing for homeless families and meals to the hungry. The remaining CROP Walk proceeds go to support hunger relief and development projects of the Church World Service across the United States and more than 80 countries.
In conjunction with the walk, participants are encouraged to bring peanut butter and/or tuna for a drive to benefit local food pantries across Cleveland County. Free T-shirts will be provided to walkers who raise or donate $100 or more. 2012 CROP Walk shirts will be for sale for $10 each.
To learn more
For more information, call recruitment chairman Karen Buntin at 793-1457 or go to www.clevelandcountycropwalk.org.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction