Anthem about country, not athletic program
Larry Stein (Your Views, Nov. 23) mentioned actions during the playing of the national anthem at University of Oklahoma football games but failed to mention that a good portion of the crowd ends the song with “home of the Sooners” rather than “home of the brave.” This is just as disrespectful as “shuffling your feet and looking down, etc.” This isn't about OU or any other athletic program. It's about our country. Please sing the song as it was written and leave the childish antics to another place.
NewsOK Related Articles
Kaye Triplet, Chandler
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 99664Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16608OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13275Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8705Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8419Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8235How to help tornado victims
- 7896Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort