AP Pro32 comments about Cowboys
NEW YORK (AP) — Comments on the Dallas Cowboys by the AP Pro32 panel (ranking in parentheses):
DALLAS COWBOYS (15)
Chris Berman (ESPN, 18) — Romo not the problem: How about protecting lead?
Clifton Brown (Sporting News, 15) — Even if Dez Bryant avoids trouble, playoff hopes in trouble if they don't keep pass rushers away from Tony Romo.
Cris Collinsworth (NBC Sports, 12) — Jason Witten's injury could leave Tony Romo without his go-to guy to start season.
Rich Gannon (CBS Sports/SiriusXM NFL Radio, 17) — Curious to see how much better they are on defense.
Bob Glauber (Newsday, 14) — Tony Romo too often gets bad rap for being problem in Dallas. He comes off great statistical year, but there wasn't enough around him to pull off playoff run. Fearing that might be case again in '12.
Rick Gosselin (Dallas Morning News, 16) — Cowboys and Redskins only two teams who open season with two road games. That's unfair scheduling by league.
Clark Judge (CBSSports.com, 16) — Forget the Giants. It's time Dallas "beats somebody's else's (butt)," as Jerry Jones would put it.
Ira Kaufman (Tampa Tribune, 8) — Jerry Jones may have faith in Jason Garrett, but Dallas fans will be clamoring for Jon Gruden if Cowboys fade once again in December.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister