AP source: Marlins trade Josh Johnson to Blue Jays
MIAMI (AP) — A person familiar with the deal says the Miami Marlins have traded right-hander Josh Johnson to the Toronto Blue Jays.
The person confirmed the trade to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Tuesday because the teams weren't commenting amid talk they had agreed to a blockbuster deal.
Johnson, who led the NL in ERA in 2010, went 8-14 this year with a 3.81 ERA for the Marlins, who endured a dismal season in their new ballpark and began dismantling the team in July.
Johnson was limited to nine starts in 2011 because of right shoulder inflammation.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15391Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9463Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8117Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7214Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6364Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6332Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6331Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit