AP Source: Webster, Baas rework contracts for 2013
The 31-year-old Webster had 58 tackles, 13 passes defended and four interceptions last season for a defense that was ranked next to last in the league. However, he also saw receivers that he was covering catch at least a half-dozen touchdowns.
Joe Flacco and the Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens targeted Webster late in the season in a 33-14 win over New York, with receiver Torrey Smith beating the former LSU star for their first touchdown.
Webster played a major role in the Giants two recent Super Bowl titles, with his interception of a Brett Favre pass in overtime, setting up Lawrence Tynes game-winning field goal in the NFC title game against the Green Bay Packers early in 2008.
Baas was signed as a free agent after the Giants released Shaun O'Hara after the NFL lockout ended before the 2011 season. He has started the past two seasons but also has been limited by nagging injuries in his short tenure.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments