Appeal alleges defense mistakes
Here are the key accusations made about defense attorney Irven Box in convicted murderer Jerome Ersland's appeal.
• Box denied acting ineffectively.
Videoview all videos
Oct 1Former pharmacist Jerome Ersland complained to the...
Jul 19Jerome Ersland may have a mental disorder that affected...
Apr 11The new attorney for an Oklahoma City pharmacist...
Photoview all 7 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
• He failed to tell client prosecutors were willing to discuss a plea deal.
• He failed to meaningful communicate with client.
• He encouraged client to talk to media.
• He failed to properly investigate mental history including evidence client has Asperger's syndrome.
• He refused to let client testify at trial.
• He failed to interview witnesses.
• He failed to call use-of-force experts at trial.
• He let personal animosity toward judge and district attorney influence decisions.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 20415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7078Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6616OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5593Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4449Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4211Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater