Here are the key accusations made about defense attorney Irven Box in convicted murderer Jerome Ersland's appeal.
• Box denied acting ineffectively.
• He failed to tell client prosecutors were willing to discuss a plea deal.
• He failed to meaningful communicate with client.
• He encouraged client to talk to media.
• He failed to properly investigate mental history including evidence client has Asperger's syndrome.
• He refused to let client testify at trial.
• He failed to interview witnesses.
• He failed to call use-of-force experts at trial.
• He let personal animosity toward judge and district attorney influence decisions.