Appeasement and weakness won't work with terrorists
Four Americans died in Libya at the hands of thugs and bullies. Every American should be angry. These terrorists paraded our dead or dying ambassador through the streets and then we apologized to the terrorists because they were offended. After paying billions to Egypt and millions to other terrorist nations that hate us and have vowed to destroy us, President Obama is threatening to drastically cut military spending. We should stop sending billions in foreign aid to these nations and instead help our allies in this fight. Remember, we're the government, not our representatives or the president. They were sent to Washington to represent us, to do the will and desire of the people who sent them.
NewsOK Related Articles
We must demand that our nation's leaders stand up to Islamic terrorist nations. Appeasement and weakness didn't work with them; it won't work with terrorists. They only understand strength. They killed our ambassador and we showed weakness in our response, then they were emboldened and struck time and again since.
How much are we willing to take?
Dee Schrade, Yukon
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 13360Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9892Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9697Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8639Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6622Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5282Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister