Arizona's Dockett says he's apologized to Rhodes
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — Arizona defensive tackle Darnell Dockett says he's apologized to teammate Kerry Rhodes for the pair's on-field run-in during the waning seconds of last Sunday's loss to the New York Jets.
Dockett says Rhodes has forgiven him and the pair is moving on.
What Dockett described as a "very heated argument" stemmed from Rhodes trying to persuade him to allow the Jets to score so the Cardinals could get the ball back and try for the winning touchdown. Dockett says he was so adamant because he never has quit as a player and when he does it will be time to hang up his cleats and walk away from the game.
The situation became moot when the Jets purposely downed the ball at the Arizona 1-yard line and ran out the clock for a 7-6 victory.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located