Arkansas announces RB Collins at 23rd signee
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas coach Bret Bielema has announced Florida running back Alex Collins as the 23rd member of his first signing class with the Razorbacks.
The 5-foot-11, 207-pound Collins was listed as the No. 13 running back in the country by Rivals.com. He verbally committed to Arkansas on Monday night before canceling a Wednesday news conference at which he was expected to sign.
Collins did sign Thursday morning, choosing the Razorbacks over Miami, Florida State, Florida and Wisconsin. He's the second running back in Arkansas' recruiting class, which Rivals.com ranked as No. 26 in the country.
He's also the fourth signee for the Razorbacks from Florida, a recruiting hotbed for Bielema while he was at Wisconsin.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims