Arkansas man dies after being struck near Broken Bow
Zachary Garren Smith, 22, of Mena, Ark., died Sunday after he was struck by a vehicle in McCurtain County, Oklahoma. Authorities said he was lying in the center lane of the road before he was hit.
Accident kills pedestrian
BROKEN BOW — A pedestrian was struck by a vehicle and killed early Sunday in McCurtain County, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported. Zachary Garren Smith, 22, of Mena, Ark., was lying in a center lane on U.S. 259 and U.S. 70 about three miles south of Broken Bow about 3 a.m. Sunday when a vehicle struck him, troopers said. The driver of the vehicle and a passenger were not injured in the collision.
FROM STAFF REPORTS
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 89652Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 73465Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 36350Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 35145Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 14325Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13653Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 11646Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive