Arkansas women's golf team advances to NCAAs
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas' women's golf team has advanced to the NCAA Championship by claiming the last spot from the Central Regional by one stroke.
The Razorbacks on Saturday finished with a 913 with rounds of 310-308-295. The NCAA Championship will be in Nashville, Tenn., May 22-25.
Arkansas began play Saturday in 12th place in the regional at Columbus, Ohio. But its score of 295 was the fourth-highest of the day and enough to put the Razorbacks in eighth place, good enough to qualify for the championship.
The Razorbacks had to wait to see whether Oregon would score lower or force a playoff, but the Ducks' top player missed a birdie opportunity on the final hole and Arkansas advanced.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims