Armed guards needed at schools
At this time of terrible loss at the Connecticut school, we reflect upon ways to prevent a reoccurrence of this horrible event. This is more than a gun issue, more than a societal issue, more than a mental health issue. The doors were locked, and the electronic security system was state-of-the-art. The only thing that could have prevented or mitigated this senseless violence would be an armed police guard at the school. Until we can find ways to re-educate the sick minds among society, we need to put an armed guard at all schools.
NewsOK Related Articles
Victor Marchant, Midwest City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 10394Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9157Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5761Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4888Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4371Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4162How to help tornado victims
- 4108Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley