Arrests made in death of former U.S. Grant basketball player
Three men were arrested Friday in the death of Anthony Hartfield Jr., 20, who was shot at his father's house in January.
Police have arrested three suspects in the slaying of a former U.S. Grant High School basketball player.
Deandre Smith, 22, Nicco Lemar Price, 24, and Tywane Marquis Sellars, 23, all were arrested Friday on murder complaints.
Videoview all videos
Jan 18A candlelight vigil for Anthony Hartfield Jr. was...
Photoview all 8 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
They were being held without bail Monday at the Oklahoma County jail.
Hartfield was shot to death about 3:20 a.m. Jan. 14 inside his father's home at 1215 NE 46.
According to arrest warrants filed by detectives Friday, the shooting was a robbery gone wrong.
Police found Smith's phone in the front yard next to the house where Hartfield was shot.
Phone records show Smith made calls in the area just before the shooting.
Arrest affidavits cite an unnamed participant in the robbery who identified four others involved in planning and carrying out the crime.
The unnamed participant went to the door of the house with Price and Sellars.
According to the affidavit, Price kicked in the front door and Sellars went inside with a military-style rifle with a high capacity magazine and fired one shot.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 20835Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17666Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12055Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9067Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8577Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8462Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments