Tally's Good Food and Cafe caters to everyone
TULSA â€” Known for its cinnamon rolls the size of a plate and chicken fried steaks, Tallyâ€™s Good Food CafĂ© caters to everyone.
Tallyâ€™s CafĂ© is pretty much like your grandmotherâ€™s house. You can get a chicken fry with a huge helping of mashed potatoes smothered in white chicken gravy, along with a side of green beans and a tall glass of ice tea.
6 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday to Sunday
â€śPeople love this place because you feel like you are at home,â€ť said Talal Alame. â€śCustomers love to come in and put feet up on a booth and listen to our music. Itâ€™s home.â€ť
All the food is homemade, from the chicken fried steaks down to batter used to make the onion rings, he said.
â€śThe difference between us and other restaurants is our chicken fried steak is homemade,â€ť Alame said. â€śWe donâ€™t use frozen pieces of meat.â€ť
Besides the chicken fry, the restaurantâ€™s other popular dishes are boneless chicken and pork chops. All dinners come with any choice of three vegetable.
Another delicious aspect of Tallyâ€™s CafĂ© is breakfast is served all day long. And customers donâ€™t have to wait in line to order the enormous cinnamon rolls. The gigantic creations are served all day.
Cinnamon rolls and peach cobblers are homemade, but Talley buys the pies from a local vender.
The average cost for a meal is $7.50.
Trimmed in red and white tile, with shiny chrome trim, Tallyâ€™s has the feel of an old Route 66 diner, from its 1950s memorabilia on the walls to the bright red covered barstools.
After receiving his degree in business and marketing, Alame had a chance to buy the business which he promptly did and opened the doors to Tallyâ€™s in 1987.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11552Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10742OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6888Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5464Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5395Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4853Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4694OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins