Savastano's Pizzeria features authentic Chicago-style food
BIXBY — Heirloom family recipes and vine-ripe fresh tomatoes are the key ingredients that have made Savastano’s Pizzeria a favorite.
The authentic Chicago-style food is what attracts customers to this pizzeria, said Frank and Jane Savastano.
11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday to Thursday
11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday
Savastano’s Pizzeria was voted the best in Bixby. The Chicago-styled restaurant even has converted die-hard New York-style pizza fans.
From spices to sauces and fresh toppings, these simple ingredients make Savastano’s Chicago-style pizza great.
“We have customers that come as far away as Oklahoma City and Bartlesville,” Frank Savastano said.
The three-story building features a bar and dining on the first floor, family dining on the second floor and the third floor is reserved for private parties.
The family spaghetti sauce recipe belongs to Frank’s mother and Frank is responsible for the homemade pizza sauce recipe.
Jane and Frank Savastano, who met at a Chicago pizzeria, opened the restaurant in 2002. Jane, a retired schoolteacher, and Frank, who retired from Amoco, have six children, two of whom work in the restaurant.
Savastano’s serves up 17 styles of pizza and 18 toppings are available to create your own specialty.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims