Chelino's authentic menu draws patrons to 11 locations
Marcelino "Chelino" Garcia started out with five employees, one restaurant and a dream. He now has 500 employees and 11 restaurants throughout Oklahoma.
Garcia opened Chelino's Mexican Restaurant in 1989. The original location is at SW 36 Street and Walker Avenue. He said it was about a year later when the second restaurant opened on S Robinson Avenue, and he's been adding restaurants ever since.
Each Chelino's may vary in looks, but Garcia said all the food is the same at the various restaurants.
"I hope you come to Chelino's and enjoy what we have," Garcia said. "We have very authentic Mexican food, very fresh and homemade every day."
Some of the authentic dishes include Carne Asada, fish soup, flautas and Coctel De Camaron (shrimp cocktail). Also, flour tortillas are handmade daily. Garcia said not to worry, Tex-Mex lovers will find excellent chimichangas, queso sauce and a variety of other dishes. The restaurants also offer daily lunch specials.
Meals range from about $5 to $26, depending of what customers choose off the menu. There is a dish called Plato Garcia, which includes a combination of chicken, beef and shrimp fajitas, grilled peppers and onions, served with muchas costillas de puerco, with Chelino's special sauce. Accompanied with frijoles borrachos, guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo and not forgetting all the homemade flour tortillas you can eat for about $46. The meal can feed four or more.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in