Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
"He never went to college or culinary school. What he learned in the food industry was from pure sweat equity, 21 years of practical hands on training before he opened up Kang's." It has paid off. Today, Kang's has a regular following. "Kang's is an Asian restaurant, sushi bar and sake lounge that embraces the many exciting flavors of China, Japan, Vietnam,and Thailand while catering to the hip, sophisticated clientele of Oklahoma," Nhin says. "Oklahomans realize how important healthy food is to their well-being, so, naturally, sushi tops our best-selling list. "It has seaweed for antioxidants and the seafood has omega 3-fatty acids. Plus, it's good." The Buddha Lounge is a key stopping point. "It is just a place to lounge and eat," Nhin said. "Many patrons like to come back here and relax after a meal and enjoy a drink. It's also where we feature our events, such as art shows and live music events. "Naked Sushi is a very popular event we put on a few times a year." Nhin says patrons can sign up for the restaurant's e-mail club at www.Kangsok.com for discounts and event information. Find, rate and review more Oklahoma City restaurants on Wimgo.com
Kang's Asian Bistro embraces many exciting Asian flavors.
Kang's is an Asian restaurant, sushi bar and sake lounge that embraces the many exciting flavors of China, Japan, Vietnam,and Thailand while catering to the hip, sophisticated clientele of Oklahoma.
As a busboy at age 13 in Edmond, Kang learned some important lessons in food preparation, says Mary Nhin, co-owner of Kang's Asian Bistro."He worked his way up from server to head chef and honed his culinary skills at various restaurants," she said.
11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Monday to Friday
5 to 9:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 64206Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14590Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8849Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6802How to help tornado victims
- 6783Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6409Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6168Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes