Deep Deuce Grill finds winning combination of food, culture, history
Nestled in Midtown on NE 2 is where you can find the Deep Deuce Grill, a place known for its lively atmosphere. The Deep Deuce neighborhood itself is known for its culture and history.
Photoview all photos
9 a.m. to 2 a.m. Monday to Friday
11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Saturday
9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday
These are elements found in the Deep Deuce Grill, as well, where customers can actually eat on a piece of history. The bar was once a pew from the old Calvary Baptist Church, and the tables were constructed from segments of floor from the medical offices that once were upstairs.
Atmosphere doesn’t mean much without good food, and the Deep Deuce boasts burgers, pizza, sandwiches and pastas.
“Our shrimp and chicken kabobs may be the most popular dish with the customers,” Manager Stephen Simmons said.
The Deep Deuce also is well-known for its happy hour, which starts at 4 p.m. and ends at 8 p.m. Monday through Friday. One recommended drink is the Deep Deuce Club Special, which is a mixture of Stoli Blueberry Vodka and Chambord.
“The Lynchburg Peach Lemonade is pretty good,” Simmons said. “It’s been featured on the Jack Daniels website.”
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 23122Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10571Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6943OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5977OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5278Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5014Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3834Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater