What about the running game?
Sunday morning quarterbacks didn't have to wait until today to start double-guessing Oklahoma's play-calling in its 34-27 loss at Texas Tech.
Questions started rolling in the first quarter Saturday night after starting quarterback Sam Bradford was knocked out of the game with a concussion.
1. With inexperienced backup quarterback Joey Halzle at the helm, why not try to run the ball against the Red Raiders, who rank 11th in the Big 12 in rushing defense?
2. Running the ball runs the clock, which keeps the Texas Tech offense off the field. Why not utilize running back DeMarco Murray more?
3. Tight end Jermaine Gresham had one catch, and not until the fourth quarter. Wouldn't shorter passes to tight ends have been easier for Halzle?
4. You don't try to beat the Red Raiders scoring three points at a time. Why kick a field goal at the end of the first half when you're trailing 27-7?
5. If freshman quarterback Keith Nichol is healthy, why not give him a shot?
By John Rohde