Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Great QB foes
OU plays against a Heisman Trophy contender Saturday night in quarterback Chase Daniel. The 10 best quarterbacks an OU football team ever has faced:
10. Matt Leinart, 2004, USCLit up the Sooners in 55-19 Orange Bowl victory, now becoming solid NFL quarterback.
Videoview all videos
NewsOK Related Articles
9. Joe Namath, 1962, AlabamaLed Bama to Orange Bowl victory over OU, then became a Super Bowl legend.
8. Babe Parilli, 1950, KentuckyLed 'Cats to Sugar Bowl victory over OU, then played pro football into the 1960s, when he was an AFL star.
7. Dan Fouts, 1972, OregonNot much help in 68-3 loss to OU, but 15-year, Hall of Fame career began the next year in San Diego.
6. Tommie Frazier, 1993-95, NebraskaGreatest option quarterback ever.
5. John Hadl, 1960-61, KansasGreat AFL quarterback with Chargers, Hadl was a run-pass threat with Jayhawks.
4. Vinny Testaverde, 1986, MiamiRanks with Elway as best single-game performance against Sooners; in 21st NFL season.
3. Vince Young, 2004-05, TexasWilled Longhorns to national title.
2. Bobby Layne, 1944-47, TexasWent 3-0 vs. Sooners, then led Detroit Lions to three NFL titles.
1. John Elway, 1980, StanfordAs a sophomore, Sooners saw what was to come over the next 20 years, as Stanford pulled a 31-14 upset. By Berry Tramel
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers