Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Unlike at cornerback where the Sooners have little experienced depth, both of OU's backup defensive tackles actually have a wealth of starting experience. Last year, junior Cory Bennett (6-foot-2, 278 pounds) started in 12 games. He also started in two games this season. Senior Steven Coleman (6-4, 299) started in seven games last season and one earlier this year. Redshirt freshman Adrian Taylor (6-4, 293) should also factor into the Fiesta Bowl rotation, "I still feel good about the rotation,” Coleman said. "Everybody's gotten the same amount of reps. We should be all right.” •Tulsa connection: West Virginia's 3-3-5 defensive scheme tends to give offenses problems because few defenses use it in college football. But OU has seen a similar scheme earlier in the season against Tulsa, which uses the same base defense. WVU defensive coordinator Jeff Casteel and Tulsa coach Todd Graham were hired by former Mountaineer coach Rich Rodriguez in 2001.
Who will replace Granger?With sophomore defensive tackle DeMarcus Granger suspended for the Fiesta Bowl, the Sooners will need another defensive tackle to step up.
Videoview all videos
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20729Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17578Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11978Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 8989Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8551Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8339Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments